Purpose of role and team:
We are looking for a Bid Manager to join our team to manage and deliver high-quality, persuasive, customer-focused tender responses. To help Netcall win good business; ensuring accuracy, quality and compliance.
- Identify, qualify and respond to appropriate tender opportunities in a timely manner.
- Manage the end-to-end bid process from initial opportunity to contract, with best practice in bid management methodology.
- Ensure we are listed on and comply with relevant framework agreements and are aware of all upcoming frameworks and actions needed to join.
- Form and lead the virtual bid team, working cross functionally and coordinating all bid activity and governance. Taking broad responsibility for all aspects (win strategy, solutions, sales and commercials).
- Collect information, check accuracy, identify and communicate risks, including non-standard terms and SLAs, working within the constraints of resources and deadlines.
- Obtain approval for risks and committed deliverables at the appropriate authority level. And fully present the proposition without over committing or overstating our capabilities.
- Work with our sales and commercial teams to ensure satisfactory pricing and margins.
- Review/recommend enhancements/edit tender responses for quality, readability, consistency and tone of voice. Ensure compliance with bid instructions, procurement regulations, and internal governance.
- Work with our commercial team to ensure we contract appropriately. Ensure internal teams are aware of committed deliverables (SLAs, project dates etc).
- Work with the Senior Bid Manager and Sales Enablement Manager to improve bid processes, implement bid reviews and ad hoc projects relating to bids, proposals and sales enablement.
- Monitor for compliance and legislative changes which impact the tendering process and work with commercial and legal departments to adapt to the requirements.
- Support reporting submissions for frameworks, ensuring accurate submissions.
- Contribute to the content library and ensure best quality content for bid responses.
- Report on trends and development requirements from win / loss analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills.
- Intermediate Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, SharePoint and CRM skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Able to write clear customer focussed content.
- Strong commercial understanding and business acumen. Must be able to understand pricing/numbers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to collaborate across teams and functions.
- Able to work under pressure, control multiple bids at different stages and be flexible as part of a small team.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of full bid lifecycle and framework management is essential, particularly within the public sector.
- Industry experience in telecommunications or IT is advantageous and/or an understanding of low-code, CRM and contact centres.
- Evidence of writing skills – a qualification or proven experience is essential.
- Evidence of project management skills – a qualification or proven experience is essential.
- APMP (for bid and proposal professionals) or similar membership advantageous.
For a full job description or to apply for this role, email your CV to us today.