Purpose of role
The purpose of the Development Manager is to oversee multiple teams of developers and testers who design, develop and maintain a number of key Netcall products, with a specific emphasis on usability, performance and scalability, in order to deliver high quality software on time and within budget.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and develop team members to reach their optimum performance levels. Manage the recruitment of new team members
- Work with the Product Owners to plan and execute projects ensuring that the team have the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources for effective delivery
- Collaborate with the CTO, Product Owners and Customers Solutions team to define the product vision, product roadmap and write Product Requirements and/or Technical Specifications as required
- Coordinate release and sprint planning
- Conduct daily stand-ups as required
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and the software development process. Help instil the principle of this culture across the entire development organisation.
- Ensure that the Development Team adheres to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001, PCIDSS and any future quality or security accreditations that Netcall holds
- Provide regular progress reports and KPI metrics on progress to the CTO
- You have significant experience in delivering large scale and complex development projects as a Product Owner / Development Manager
- You have experience setting up and/or managing a delivery structure for multidisciplinary teams including project managers, product owners, developers/builders and QA/test resources. The ability to manage remote and disparate teams/team members is now an imperative
- You are able to coach and lead teams in Agile practices. You should be a qualified expert who advocates these approaches and are able to tailor new ways of working as circumstances demand
- You are able to prioritise your work and deliver to tight timescales, demonstrating good organisational, communication and administrative skills
- You take responsibility for your own professional development and learning and encourage others in the team to do the same
- You are experienced and proficient in using MS Office tools including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint for proposals, reporting and presentations
- Experience of some of the tools and libraries we use, including Git, Gulp, Vue and the Linux command line
- Experience of scalable cloud-based architectures
- Knowledge of secure coding techniques, PA-DSS, PCI-DSS and ISO27001
For a full job description or to apply for this role, email your CV to us today.