Purpose of role:
To design, build, test, document, maintain and support the Patient Hub solution and related services and infrastructure. This role involves designing and building solutions and features for Patient Hub using the Liberty Create low code platform and requires an advanced level of understanding of both Liberty Create and Patient Hub, along with an understanding of web application development, database design and real-time integration to third party services.
- Collaborate with other members of the development team in a high-paced iterative delivery model to deliver features and fixes as per customer requirements.
- Take collective ownership for the quality of all outputs generated by the development team.
- Show initiative and drive a continuous improvement culture by inspecting and adapting.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to bring the product vision to life.
- Clearly document technical and functional specifications and designs.
- Act as point of contact for technical issues related to the overall solution and design.
- Act as mentor, developing the skills of less experienced colleagues within development ensuring their approach is aligned with best practice guidelines.
- Use appropriate escalation routes if committed implementation dates and/or functionality will not be met.
- Manage and provide product-specific support to the Delivery, Development and Customer Support teams, including handling out-of-hours escalations.
Skills and knowledge:
- Experience with building solutions in Liberty Create or other low/no-code platform.
- Experience of data technologies including MySQL and SQL Server databases, database schemas, SQL syntax and best practice is desirable.
- Knowledge of HL7 is desirable but not a requirement.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Creative, confident and driven, with an eye for detail.
- Proactive and highly organised, with proven ability to deliver to deadlines, remaining calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate professional integrity taking responsibility for problems and mistakes and rectifying them accordingly.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a subject relating to Computer Science.