Purpose of role:
- Specify, design, develop, test, document, maintain, and support software which will form part of Netcall products, services and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other members of the development team in a high-paced iterative delivery model to deliver features and fixes as per customer requirements.
- Take collective ownership for the security and quality of all outputs generated by the development team.
- Show initiative and drive a continuous improvement culture by inspecting and adapting.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to bring product vision to life
- Act as point of contact for technical issues related to the overall solution and design.
- Act as mentor, developing the skills of less experienced colleagues within development ensuring their approach is aligned with best practice guidelines.
- Share your knowledge and passion for technology.
- Manage and provide product-specific support to the Delivery, Development and Customer Support teams, including handling out-of-hours escalations.
- Help migrate and refactor complex legacy applications.
- Clearly document technical and functional specifications and designs.
Technical Skills, Knowledge & Desirables:
- Commercial software development experience on SaaS products, preferably within a Scrum environment.
- Strong understanding of best practice object-oriented design principles and patterns (e.g. SOLID, Gang of Four, etc.).
- Cloud native technologies such as Azure/AWS, Kubernetes, Azure Functions and CosmosDB.
- Commercial experience of using SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Web Application Security (OWASP).
- Demonstrable test-first mindset and an ability to write highly testable code.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative, confident and driven, with an eye for detail.
- Proactive and highly organised, with proven ability to deliver to deadlines, remaining calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate professional integrity taking responsibility for problems and mistakes and rectifying them accordingly.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a subject relating to Computer Science.
For a full job description or to apply for this role, email your CV to us today.