The app automates the booking process, taking data directly from Radiology Information Systems when a patient is referred for diagnostic imaging. It’s easy for patients to choose the most appropriate appointment time – with zero effort from your booking team. The app captures safety information from the patient and reassures them about the procedure. Everything is clear and simple, meaning fewer wasted appointments.
Increase convenience for patients and manage anxiety about procedures.
Reduce the number of DNAs and wasted appointments.
Free up your team
Decrease the administrative burden on your team, thanks to automation.
Diagnostic Booking: How it works
The application streamlines appointment booking. Once there’s a referral, the app links directly to the Radiology Information System and generates a user-friendly link to the patient via SMS. After verifying their identity, the app can present patients with a safety questionnaire, checking key points, such as whether they have a pacemaker.
Next, it’s easy for patients to select the most suitable appointment. As the appointment gets closer, reminders and notifications offer reassuring information – so patients can attend on the scheduled day with a clear understanding of the planned procedure.
- Reduce admin time in radiology appointment booking and management
- Minimise did-not-attends with automated reminders for the patient
- Improve capacity for X-ray, MRI and CT scans to help reduce patient waiting time
- Make the booking process slicker and more convenient for patients
- Provide reassurance and capture vital information from the patient to ensure there are no surprises on the day
- Contextual pop-ups for booking centre staff when an exception is triggered (such as patient turning down multiple offered slots or issues uncovered in safety questionnaires)
You might also like
Many NHS trusts aren’t meeting their diagnostic test targets. Why is this and what can be done about it?
In this webinar, we discussed the key challenges around achieving waiting list targets and the collective NHS drive towards full elective recovery. Discover how Patient Hub Waiting List can support this goal, helping you manage your waiting list, and improve staff utilisation
In this webinar session, Claire Florey, SRO for Cornwall and Isles of Scilly ICS shared their journey of Outpatient Transformation, highlighting the benefits to patients, staff and the organisation.