Purpose of role:
As a member of the Customer Support function, the role is responsible for progressing customer incidents, problems and service requests from beginning to resolution, working with other resolver groups to meet contracted SLAs.
Key results areas:
- Incident Management of customer system faults detected by remote monitoring or reported to Netcall service desk by customers
- Ensure events detected by monitoring are assessed and investigated as required
- Minimise the impact of incidents and work to accurately diagnose and provide resolutions to problems within the agreed SLA
- Carry out technical investigations by researching knowledge bases, replication on test systems, log captures, monitoring, and real-time events views and capture Wireshark traces as required
- Engage with other resolver groups as required to find solutions, whilst retaining problem ownership
- Fulfil service requests to administer and test custom dialogues, prompts and general system configurations
- Respond to requests for technical information on product features, configuration and operation
- Fulfil deployment of software hotfixes or system upgrades as required to maintain systems to include
- both the latest features and maintenance fixes. These may require working outside of business hours
- Consistently deliver a professional standard of timely verbal and written communications to customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Log and maintain a full record of all activities on the progression and resolution of customer faults and planned changes in the service management system in accordance with the local work instructions
- Regularly review and update ticket assignments and priorities in collaboration with colleagues
- Deliver on-going customer support including undertaking occasional customer site visits as may be occasionally required
- Contribute to the shared knowledge held within the service knowledge management system by creating and enhancing documents to supplement product configurations and processes
- Experienced based logical approach to troubleshooting problems from triage to complex investigations in co-ordination with customers, 3rd party resolver groups
- Experience of working in an IT service or product support role, preferably supporting a range external customers with varying degrees of urgency/importance
- Familiar with Windows administrative tasks involving registry manipulation, batch file configuration, firewall adjustments, network adapter configuration and use of the command line
- Installation/configuration/support of Computer Networking, SAAS in Unified Communications environments e.g. software applications, server/Cloud based products with Microsoft Operating Systems, voice technologies, e.g. DPNSS / QSIG and/or SIP telephony knowledge, database (MySQL)
- Practical experience of operating/administering Netcall Liberty Converse (formerly Contact Portal, 59R)
- ITIL Service Operations
- Work in a technical customer facing role with and with clear, excellent telephone manner.
- Assess new faults calmly and logically, adapting to the situation and responding appropriately.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written) in order to communicate effectively with our customers and with colleagues.
- Operate as a flexible, positive, self-motivated and a diligent hard working team player with a ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- Demonstrate professional integrity taking responsibility for problems and mistakes and rectifying them accordingly
- Prioritise a dynamic workload, demonstrating good organisational and administrative skills.
- Show a methodical approach to work by developing, documenting and following procedures and seeing tasks through to completion
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal/no supervision
- Enjoy learning more the about the technology each day and internalising the knowledge for future use.
For a full job description or to apply for this role, email your CV to us today.