Purpose of role:
To write high-quality, persuasive, customer-focused proposals; maintain our proposal content library and manage proposal approval requests from our sales team.
- Produce well-written and well-presented proposals, following best practice and using our team style guide.
- Work with our sales team and subject matter experts to form winning proposal content (customer-focused, technically accurate and persuasive).
- Coordinate proposal approval requests from our sales team: collect information, check accuracy, identify and communicate risks, including non-standard terms and SLAs. Working within the agreed timescales.
- Review proposal approval requests for quality, readability, consistency and tone of voice.
- Ensure risks and committed deliverables (SLAs, project dates etc) are approved at the appropriate authority level.
- Follow product and pricing updates, media releases and industry changes.
- Maintain our proposal content library, templates and knowledge base.
- Track and translate proposal and quote data as required.
- Support the Sales Enablement Manager with any other projects to improve proposals, bids and sales enablement.
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills.
- Intermediate Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and CRM skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Able to write clear customer-focused content.
- Strong commercial understanding and business acumen. Must be able to understand pricing/numbers.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to collaborate across teams and functions.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
Experience and qualifications:
- Experience of working in a bid or proposal team is advantageous. Or, writing within a sales, marketing or technical role.
- Industry experience in telecommunications or IT is advantageous. And/or an understanding of low-code, CRM and contact centres.
- Evidence of writing skills – a great qualification or proven experience.
- APMP (for bid and proposal professionals) or similar membership advantageous.